Monday, January 2, 2012

Breakfast Cookies


An interesting cookie with the consistency of an oatmeal cookie. The basic cookie is moist and flavorful. I like the corn flakes in them. I'd probably skip the bacon next time though (gasp!). While the bacon wasn't bad, per se, I just didn't feel like it was necessary. I'd drop the bacon and add a smidge of salt to compensate in the future. But even as is, this is a worthwhile cookie. This recipe only yielded me 18 cookies.


- 1 c flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c white or brown sugar 
            (I used 1/2 c white & 1/4 c brown)
- 1/2 c bacon crumbles, not artificial bacon bits
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 egg (can use egg substitute)
- 2 c corn flakes
1.   Mix flour, baking soda and sugar.
2.   Stir in bacon crumbles.
3.   Mix in butter and egg.
4.   Stir in cereal. Blend well but do not beat.
5.   Drop by tspful on ungreased cookie sheet.
6.   Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Cool slightly before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment