Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Slow Cooker Taco Chili




1 lb browned ground beef
2 cans of condensed tomato soup
1 cup of water
1 can (15oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (5oz) diced tomatoes with chilies
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 can of white kidney beans
1 can of red kidney beans
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
shredded cheddar to garnish


This recipe was as easy as opening a bunch of cans! It was satisfying and tasty with just enough of a "kick" from the chilies. All I did was brown up my ground beef. I combined all of the canned ingredients, water, taco seasoning packet, onion, pepper, and the browned beef in my crock pot. My crock runs pretty hot so I almost never cook things on high. I let this chili approximately 4 hours on low, which allowed everything to soften and become flavorful. In my bowl, I sprinkled some shredded cheese on top and added a bit of sour cream to taste. Prefect for a dreary January day!


No comments:

Post a Comment